If you think that summer is the only time to visit Tuscany, we’ll have to bust that myth. Tuscany is a region that is perfect to visit all year round, with each season bringing a different surprise for visitors. With summer is giving way to fall, soon the vibrant colors of the season make the already stunning landscape even more spectacular with sweeping warm tones of orange, red and yellow.
Don’t take our word for it. Here are some stunning photos from Tuscany by Kenny Kim, a professional photographer, taken in winter that just goes to show how breathtaking this region is even during off-peak season.
Show and Tell: Tuscany in Fall/Winter
1. This striking photo was taken in Pienza in December. We weren’t kidding when we said that the Tuscan landscape is postcard perfect all year round.
2. Beautiful Siena in December and don’t be too surprised if you see clear blue skies like this one in the photo. It’s more common than you think.
3. When in Siena, take the time to walk around this medieval city to discover its architecture, museums, churches and of course, taste some of its cuisine.
4. When Kenny sent me this photo to share, my first thought was “It looks like a painting!” followed by “I want to learn to take photos like these!”
5. On the Photo Venture Tour you will also be visiting Val d’Orcia, an area that is so strikingly beautiful that you just feel like you are driving through a postcard. Your eyes will be darting everywhere as you try to take in the beauty of this place. While I have said photos don’t do this place justice, I might have to take back those words about seeing these photos.
6. Charming residences that you’ll come across as you travel through Tuscany, and yes it’s still lush and green when this photo was taken one November.
If you’ll like to capture these splendid moments and get hands-on photography tips, join Kenny on the Italy Photo Venture Tour next month in Bella Tuscany! It will be an unforgettable experience.
What are your favorite places in Tuscany?