Claire, an English expat living in Rome with her husband and her most adorable daughter recently visited Maremma, Tuscany and shares her favorite photos with us on this week’s Show and Tell.
Claire blogs about her life in Italy, visiting places, doing food reviews on new places to eat and loves photography. She loves to run and do races which is why she first started her blog. Enjoy her lovely experience in Maremma.
6 Favorite Photos from Maremma, Tuscany
1. Trattoria Casa e Bottega in Saturnia they did amazing food and is run by a couple from Rome. I ordered Pappardelle al ragù as I wanted to try something local to Tuscany and it did not disappoint.
2. The natural hotsprings in Saturnia and it was absolutely amazing! They are situated 2 minutes down the road from Terme di Saturnia (road going to manciano from saturnia or vice versa) and there is sign posted.
On top of that, you will see a lot of cars parked up on the side of the road but off the little road leading to the waterfall where there is a free car park where you can leave your car. There is also a bar where you can buy icecream, drinks and even food .
3. One of the narrow streets in Pitigliano and we found some amazing streets and views.
4. A local shop in the village of Saturnia and I loved the way they hung the cheese and other items right outside the door.
5. A lizard in a local cemetery as we saw a lot of the lovely local wildlife while we were visiting (I have a million photos of birds, lizards, geckos, giant grasshoppers etc).
6. The ancient Roman gateway in Saturnia still with some of the original Roman stones as this is where the Roman’s used to arrive when they would come and visit the hotsprings.
Thanks Claire for sharing this amazing photos and your experience in Maremma and do drop by her blog to read more about her experiences in Italy.